Vitamin D is one of the most important vitamins that the human body needs. It is the most easiest vitamin that the human body can obtain and at the same time it is also one of the most important vitamins that the human body can be deficient of. Sunlight is the most important source of Vitamin D but changing lifestyle nowadays prevents us from staying outside even for a very less period of 10-15 minutes in a day. Apart from our lifestyle many other factors also keep us from spending a little time in the sunlight which include pollution, UV rays and its harmful effects, and also various other threats that may surround an individual person’s life.
Vitamin D is also found naturally in some kind of foods however Vitamin D that is obtained through exposure to sunlight is the best possible source. The reason for this is very simple because the vitamin D that is received by the body during sunlight exposure is that which is produced within the body as a reaction to the exposure to sunlight. This is much better than anyother external source of vitamin D that can be taken invitamin D that is produced within the body is also much easier to be absorbed by the body. Otherwise not all the vitamin D that is taken in is acquired by the body and this increases the load on the kidneys. Some sources of Vitamin D include fish oil, cod liver oil, egg yolks and certain dairy products and grain products.
Symptoms and risks of Vitamin D deficiency:
Vitamin d deficiency like other deficiencies is also characterized by a lot of symptoms including:
- Increased pain in the limbs
- Muscular pain
- Shortness of breath
- Death from diseases of cardiovascular nature
- Increased risk of arthritis, osteoporosis etc.
- Increased risk of a dysfunctional immune system asvitamin d deficiency can harm the production of bone marrow formation in the body. Bone marrow is the basic reason for the functioning of the immune system and this is what produces the White blood cells that protects the body against various diseases and infections.
- It can also cause malignant tumors or cancers even in the case of children.
- Vitamin D deficiency can cause children to be victims of severe asthma and other health problems as well.
- It is necessary for the basic functions of the body.
Vitamin D is a very important vitamin for the body that plays multiple functions and the deficiency of which can cause other severe illnesses to get placed.